With less than 6 weeks to go, I'm feeling like I'm in a better place, even if the numbers on the scales don't reflect this. I have gone down a notch on my Fitbit (it's worn on your wrist) as it was a little loose and I have started to wear a pair of 40" waist jeans, which are still a little tight on the thighs but wearable. So there are signs that I am making progress.
I'm 1lb down since my last update, but as you may have read in my previous post, it wasn't without some frustration. But I think that gain, which I have since lost, could probably be put down to water retention from the weights work out.
As far as my gym work goes, it is starting to come on, I am regularly adding progressions to various individual exercises, instead of just adding progressions to all exercises in on hit. I'm also trying to incorporate different exercises in to my routine. I'm also trying to log what I'm doing, so I can monitor how well I'm moving along.
The main change to my diet since the last update has to be how I'm logging my intake. I have started using the Fitbit App to keep track of what I eat. The benefit of using the app over just writing it in the diary has to be the easy to reference record you then have.
You can set a goal with the Fitbit app (whether it be to lose weight, put on weight or even stay the same weight) and when you want to reach your target. The app will then calculate the calorie intake you should be aiming for and it will also take in factors relating to the information from your Fitbit device. I have started using this feature a few days ago and it is looking promising, so I will probably do a separate post about this in a few days.
The true test of if it is helping will be over the next few days, as 275lbs (my weight this morning) has been the 'glass floor' that I haven't been able to get past, so fingers crossed I can finally make some progress after the frustrating past couple of weeks.
I no longer expect to reach the 30lb target I set myself, but I will still try to plough on regardless and who knows, maybe I can get back on track.
I'm 1lb down since my last update, but as you may have read in my previous post, it wasn't without some frustration. But I think that gain, which I have since lost, could probably be put down to water retention from the weights work out.
As far as my gym work goes, it is starting to come on, I am regularly adding progressions to various individual exercises, instead of just adding progressions to all exercises in on hit. I'm also trying to incorporate different exercises in to my routine. I'm also trying to log what I'm doing, so I can monitor how well I'm moving along.
The main change to my diet since the last update has to be how I'm logging my intake. I have started using the Fitbit App to keep track of what I eat. The benefit of using the app over just writing it in the diary has to be the easy to reference record you then have.
You can set a goal with the Fitbit app (whether it be to lose weight, put on weight or even stay the same weight) and when you want to reach your target. The app will then calculate the calorie intake you should be aiming for and it will also take in factors relating to the information from your Fitbit device. I have started using this feature a few days ago and it is looking promising, so I will probably do a separate post about this in a few days.
The true test of if it is helping will be over the next few days, as 275lbs (my weight this morning) has been the 'glass floor' that I haven't been able to get past, so fingers crossed I can finally make some progress after the frustrating past couple of weeks.
I no longer expect to reach the 30lb target I set myself, but I will still try to plough on regardless and who knows, maybe I can get back on track.
| Starting Weight | 281lbs | Primary Goal |
30lbs
|
| Current Weight | 275lbs | Still To Go | 24lbs |
| Week +/- |
-1lbs
|
Secondary | 34lbs |
| Total +/- |
-6lbs
|
Tertiary | 44lbs |
No comments:
Post a Comment