Wednesday, 6 January 2016

2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back

So I've lost the extra weight I had put on pigging out over the New Year weekend, losing 8lbs since I wrote my first post on this blog a few days ago, so I now weigh in at 281lbs (20st 1lb). An early positive albeit all I have effectively done is go to the toilet.

I've did have a good couple days that I've only spoilt by having a bit too much cheese, that I have been adding to most meals, which I then failed to mention in my food diary, but have been making sure I keep active to counterbalance it, something I will have to keep up, not least because I've still got a little cheese to finish off.

I did have a bad day yesterday though. One of the good/bad bits of my job (depending on how you look at it) is that I have semi-regular access to free cake, something me and my work colleges take full advantage of. and last night was no exception. But I made it worse by buying some Amaretto Cream beforehand, as I knew there would be cake. Sure enough, come break time there I was with a bowl containing 3 slices of the not so thick cut (ok that's just an excuse) chocolate fudge cake and half of the 250ml tub of cream applied with spoon in hand. But something weird happened, I ate about half the cake and even less of the cream (it was extra thick, not runny at all) and I was feeling like this is just too much and instead of carrying on regardless, like have so many times before, and finishing it off, I laid my spoon down and thought 'No more'.

I hope it's turning point and I can go 2 steps forward and no steps back.




No comments:

Post a Comment