Sunday, 3 January 2016

Foodaholic

"Hi, my name is Chris and I'm a foodaholic"

Ok, maybe foodaholic is just an excuse and it would be more accurate to say 'My name is Chris and I'm a lazy fat shit who should get off his fat arse and stop stuffing his face with crap everyday', as my love of bad food plus my lazy disposition has resulted in me being morbidly obese now for about for over 10 years. 

Until 10 years ago, I was more active, I was working in jobs that were physical and I would go out regularly. Then I got a job in a call centre which, even though was better paid, meant I was spending my days sitting around and slowly my social life dwindled down to staying in. I left that job after 6 tears but not much has changed in the 4 years since leaving, which is more annoying as I had left to work in the fitness industry but that went pear shape after a couple knock backs early on, that resulted in me turning back to bad habits.

Quitting smoking has probably been one of the biggest factors in my weight gain. I tried to quit numerous times over a few years, each time resulted in me putting on weight that I never lost when I started smoking again. I recall being in the 15 stone region when I started at BT and shooting up to 16 something when I first tried to quit and just continually shooting up each time I ditched the cancer sticks. I finally gave up for good 6 years ago but by then I'd developed my bad habits, that still curse me today.

I've tried and failed to shift the weight a few times and although I've had some success in the past, it's only ever been temporary and it just ends up going back on. 

I've been trying again to lose the weight over the past few months but I have only had a little bit of success. I tipped the scales at 300lbs on 20th September 2015 and managed to lose 24lbs over 3 months, weighing in at 276lbs on 13th December 2015. But as always seems to be the case, I have since put 12lbs back on, weighing in at 289lbs this morning. Some of the weight gain is the result of me being an idiot and pigging out (instead of knuckling down with the diet like most people would do on January 1st) over the past two days, so hopefully I will lose some of that quick.

I've decided to blog my progress over the coming months, which I hope will help both me and anybody reading this. 

My aim is to lose the pounds but also to be happy and healthier. I also hope to regain my body confidence, which is something everybody should have, and with that in mind this is the first step. This is me on the 1st January 2016 with literally nothing to hide;

1st January 2016

I know it is not a pretty sight but I want this blog to be warts and all and there is no reason why anybody should be ashamed of the naked body. I only hope that this is the last time I look like this and I'll look completely different in a few months time.








No comments:

Post a Comment